Saturday, April 23, 2011

All in perspective

I was a little early yesterday to a home in Chilton County for a home visit. I stopped at a nearby cemetery and just walked around. It was fairly old. Most of the dates on the stones were between 1865 and 1999. As I was looking at the birth and death dates I realized a vast majority of the graves were children. Some very young children. At that moment I sat down and was very grateful for all of my own children and for all of the children I see and work with on a daily basis. One special child I knew passed away before his first birthday. His parents were blessed recently by the birth of a second son. Pop over and check out their story. Again, our world is a strong and fragile place. This post is dedicated to all of those lost little ones I never met and to the one I had the great privilege to know for a short time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...