Sunday, August 7, 2011

Henna and Autism



Danny really surprised me on Saturday. I took the big kids to International Day downtown. We stopped by a friend of mine henna booth. He showed some interest and picked out a simple design. I was so proud of him for allowing a stranger to touch him and paint the henna on. Heera did a wonderful job. You can check out her site to see some more of her work. I was so proud of Danny. He was not verbal till he was about 6 years old. He has always had difficulty with social situations. He has come a long way. He will still talk on and on about video games but he also is reading and writing Russian. I am hoping that some of his interests now at 15 years old will turn into functional skills in adulthood. Autism is a multi-faceted diagnosis to live with and challenging but Danny has taught me so much and has helped mold me into the mother that I am today!.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...