Saturday, August 20, 2011

Homemade Bug Off Oil

The little girl above is one of my friend's daughter. She had a bad reaction to some mosquito bites. I have been meaning to make some natural mosquito repellent and this was my final inspiration. Poor thing. I wish I could send some to her right away. Hopefully my batch will work well. It is an oil blend consisting of coconut oil and almond oil infused with calendula and arnica. To this I added the following essential oils: spearmint, rosemary, geranium, lavender, and the most important, citronella. I put this batch in a couple of clear glass spray bottles. I dosed my kids and it seems to work  fine. You can always order some from my Etsy page....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...