Wednesday, June 19, 2013

For a sick older baby...

 
When I say older I mean between one and two years old especially if they aren't breastfed. Usually breast milk is all that is needed to support a child as their own immune system fights off whatever is ailing them. Not all children have breast milk in their diets or just need a little extra help naturally. I made this tea for just that occasion. It is nutrition dense with dandelion leaves and alfalfa. I added cloves and dried apple for taste and Echinacea for an immune boost. Of course I steeped it in my cast iron tea pot for added nutrition. The iron carries over into the water in small amounts. So many children have a diet low in absorbable iron (not the fortified kind in grains and cereals) hat they are borderline anemic or plain ole anemic already and their parents don't even know it. Good nutrition is the basis for good health....

So sick baby gets healthful tea added to some tart cherry juice (such a super food) for sweeting and one her way to fighting her cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...