Tuesday, June 4, 2013

So, what are these toys really good for anyway?

We see them in waiting rooms and we are given them for gifts. We see them high on tops of shelves in nurseries and daycares. But do you ever see children actually exploring them and using them appropriately?

I worked with the kids with them yesterday with Evan's help. I have three different tracking toys. That is what they are. They help children work on their hand eye coordination. They work on beginning, middle, and end concepts. Once shown how to use them even infants right under and right over one year old can master them. They even foster prewriting skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...