Saturday, June 1, 2013

Mama, my eyes are dry....

 
 
I can fix that! Nothing a little calendula and lavender won't help. Annika spent the day at the zoo and then swimming at a friend's house. Her eyes were dried out and she couldn't stop blinking. I made up a simple tea of lavender and calendula petals. We strained it and cooled it down. Of course I have old fashioned eye wash cups. Annika chose the marble one over the purple almost black amethyst one. I taught her how to hold it over her eye and repeatedly open her eye as the mixture covered her eye and to blink. I was so proud of her. She has difficulty with her delays handling procedures like tis but she took charge and did well. We followed up with a small amount of coconut oil added as a moisturizer rubbed on her closed eyes over her eye lashes. Her relief was immediate. This remedy works well for any eye irritation from pink eye to allergies...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...