Saturday, June 1, 2013

Iron low? Pregnant? Want herbal choices? Here you go...

As an Herbalist I love making potions when I have time. A friend is struggling with low iron and pregnant. She wants to treat it naturally so I made her up a batch of tea. It is more of an infusion so she can add some iron rich juice like tart cherry juice for sweetener and to mellow the taste. It contains red raspberry leaf, yellow dock root, nettle leaf, dandelion leaf, alfalfa, and lemon balm. I also added some pomegranate and raspberry fruit tea for flavor. The lemon balm was added for flavor and its calming effects. That never hurts for expecting moms with littles underfoot. Since she is over half way through her pregnancy the red raspberry leaf is for uterine strengthening. The other herbs are strictly for nutritional support and to help her increase her iron levels.

Now to get her to eat more liver and drink some orange juice or I am breaking out the spirulina!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...