Friday, June 14, 2013

My spot this evening

 
A girl can dream...

Most people who know me well or who have heard me whine lately I really want to open my own business. I want to offer services mainly to women and their families especially young children. As a Family Herbalist, Post-partum Doula and a Certified Lactation Counselor I want to expand what I do. I have an online Etsy shop and provide herbal information and products to people worldwide and locally and I offer my CLC services free of charge in mother's homes but I want more. There are a few shops for rent near me but I am drawn to ones near the local creek in my town. This view is of the path leading to the water behind one of those shops. I sat there and watched the fireflies come out. There is a lot of level ground all along the water. I can just see a Red Tent set up there for small gatherings of women. I don't know how my dream will come true but in the end  maybe I will be able to offer all types of services. I am working on another degree. This one is in Community Health Education. I am also working on becoming a FAM (fertility awareness method) instructor to help families control their births naturally. After the new year I hope to begin Midwifery training. Midwives cannot attend homebirths legally in Alabama but hopefully that will change one day. I will still be able to use my knowledge to help women with their needs besides actual birth at home...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...