Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Circle of Learning - heavy vs. light

 

Circle of Learning

 

Today I worked on heavy verses light with the older littles and with plain ole "put it in" with the smallest littles. I chose several balls of varying weights. I let the kids explore the balls as I explained that some of the balls were heavy and some were light. I did not expect the vocabulary to be understood or picked up today but starting young is how children learn. Trial and error is how the kids figured out which balls would fall through the toy and which ones needed a flip of the handles to work the balls down. By the end of the day and several short direct instruction sessions lasting just a few minutes each the littles had the process down. They haven't memorized which balls are heaviest but once they realize a ball won't move they move the handle. I am proud of all of them.....

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...