Sunday, August 7, 2022

A stop to see my local adult kids...

 It was totally not planned but I dropped by my adult children's home yesterday. Evan and Eliot weren't with me but the 4 youngest kids were. Connor couldn't believe how big Ben was. He thought he was Evan at first. Eli got to see dom of Dan's chickens. Some animal got into their coop so only 2 are left. They got to see his garden too. He Dan is so great with them. He has a lot of patience. Elaina got a big bear hug from Annika. It was surreal seeing Dan and Eli together talking. My 26 year old and my 5 year old. My oldest and my youngest, my only two kids to share a birthday month. Connor and Dan are working on getting their driver's licence. Connor will probably be first. Dan I am sure is capable but I believe Connor is more motivated. George went with me. He actually wore a shirt I gave him. I got it in Guatemala in 1990 when I was an exchange student. It is a man's shirt and faded but I wore it out in my black phase in high school. He hung back but he did get a wave from Annika. 

Something interesting, George's middle name is Daniel. He went by Danny till he left for college. Dan was called Danny till he felt he was too old for that and prefers Dan now. It is a little weird knowing whenever I slip and say Danny when talking about Dan that George can be reminded of his childhood.

Connor took me by surprise a little when he asked to come visit when I am recovering. I would be delighted for any of them to come. 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...