Thursday, August 4, 2022

Happy 70th Birthday Grandma Kathy....

 Happy Birthday Grandma Kathy... I never got to meet George's mother. She passed away years before we met. Her birthday and Mother's Day are very challenging for him. Anyone that is close to him knows these days can really lay him out. With my upcoming surgery and having to spend a large part of the day today at the hospital doing pre-registration tests today was extra challenging. The kids and I got together last night and went over a birthday celebration for Grandma Kathy. We surprised George and lit a candle that was her favorite color, yellow (that George remembers). I then wrapped an empty box with leftover cloth from our Handfasting. Into this empty box we all poured memories of Kathy that George has shared. We each lit a birthday candle and added it to the chalice. I reminded him every time he teaches the kids something his mother taught him or her words come out of his mouth a part of her will always be here and go on. Everyday he wishes she could have met his new family. Even though they are his step-children he knows his mom would have adored them as her own grandchildren. I had a step grandfather as did my kids (my step dad) that could not have meant more to us if they were blood. I do wish we could have met Grandma Kathy but knowing her son has changed my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...