Thursday, August 11, 2022

Mastectomy

On Monday, today is Thursday, I had my right breast cut off. My surgeon was experienced and skilled other than that the hospital was horrible. There was a blanket shortage, I wasn't fed, and apparently pain meds after a major surgery is a myth for TV. I was sent home with nothing. No one wanted to get a wheelchair so I am at walked the 3 floors down to my ride. My nurse, not transportation, was going to walk with me. She found two wheelchairs just sitting in a room. I would have preferred to walk out of principle. I just want these drains out so I can go back to work. I can't afford to miss so much work. I thought one reason I couldn't work was because pain meds would keep me not alert. Well, pain and discomfort are keeping me plenty alert. Not like I can sleep. I should be working. These restrictions are keeping me for getting my kids from school. Ridiculous. Now, they say I could have waited. I had plans. I missed out on my kids and my new relationship goals and work for pain? Seriously?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...