Saturday, October 17, 2009

Buttermilk Pumpkin Pancakes

Keeping with the season Lyn and I made buttermilk pumpkin pancakes. This was the first time we've tried to make them. I knew they would be heavy with as much pumpkin the recipe asked for. Next time I think I will use a bit less pumpkin. Overall they turned out OK. We ate some and we put the leftovers into single serving bags and froze them. They will make great breakfast snacks.

2 cups all purpose flour
6 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 2/3 cups buttermilk
3/4 can pumpkin
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons melted butter

Mix the dry and wet ingredients separately and then combine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...