Friday, October 2, 2009

Volleyball


The RIPTIDE Wins Again!

Lyn is enjoying her second season of volleyball. They won their game last night. She is getting better every week. We are looking into going to see a UAB women's volleyball game to give her a bigger perspective of the sport. She talks about possibly trying out for the middle and high school teams and possibly playing in college. I know it could be just a fad but I feel she needs all the support I can give her.

As all 5th graders in public school Lyn has to read every night (or she is supposed to). She seems to be conveniently leaving her library book at school. I reminded her that her reading goals are not limited to only library books. I happened to be holding a copy of the Helena City News in my hand and I handed it to her. I told her to go ahead and read this before she went to bed. It is a pretty detailed but simple magazine. A few days later she came bounding in my room excited about a volleyball article she found in the magazine. It was a small article with a picture about a Helena native who plays on UAB's (University of Alabama at Birmingham) volleyball team. What a way to tie everything together.






Lyn in action at her game!!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...