Sunday, October 18, 2009

Cabbage Rolls

What are we cooking now?






Lyn told me yesterday she was enjoying my "cooking" and "baking" phase. She helped me make these cabbage rolls but she did not enjoy eating them. Annika liked them okay and the little kids tried them. I think they turned out pretty good. Especially since I made up the recipe myself. My husband enjoyed them too. Eliot had fun helping to put the toothpicks in the rolls to keep them together while they cooked.

Here are the basics of the recipe.

white and whole grain rice
grated carrots
pinto beans
red beans
white navy beans
grated cheddar cheese
salt and pepper
parsley
chili powder

Mix it all up and wrap in cabbage leaves that were pre boiled till they were pliable. Roll up and place wooden toothpicks through the rolls to keep them closed. Bake 350 degrees for only 10 to 15 minutes. Enjoy!!

Next time I think I will make them with sausage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...