Saturday, May 1, 2010

Bonding

I was reading one of the books I got at the library today. It was called Amazing Baby. I picked it up because of the wonderful pictures in it. Turns out it is a really good read. It is a detailed look at the development of children in their first two years. I am loving it. It takes a biological and evolutionary look at child development. Of course as all moms of young infants know about the only time one has to read is when your little one is asleep in your arms. That is exactly what I was doing when I read a passage from the bonding section of this book. It stated: "When cradling a baby, most mothers favor the left breast as the resting place for the baby's head." I thought that was a bit interesting and then I looked down. Sure enough, that was exactly where Baby Ben was snuggled down. This book holds a lot of information about child development that strongly supports attachment parenting. I can't wait to finish it. Check out the link to the left to see more info about it.


2 comments:

  1. But do most mothers favor the left because most are right-handed? I am left handed, so I would favor the right side so my dominant hand could be free. Except when I carry her, I use my dominant arm because it's stronger.

    Still, sounds interesting. Could you summarize it chapter-by-chapter for me? Hee hee. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...