Sunday, May 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Annika!

Eight years ago I was on bed rest in the hospital pregnant with my 4th child. I was only 28 weeks along. My water had broken a week before and I was in the hospital trying to let the baby grow and mature as much as possible. Well, she decided to be born. She started to be born breech, bottom first. My mom was visiting me at the time. I was rushed into an operating room. She was able to join me. Annika was born by c-section. She weighed 2lbs. 7oz. She spent nearly 3 months in the hospital. I pumped till she came home and she was able to breastfeed till she was about 14 months old. Today she has a seizure disorder that keeps us on our toes.  Other than that she is a happy, healthy, quirky little girl. Annika has taught me many things about motherhood. She is definitely an original.

2 comments:

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...