Thursday, May 6, 2010

Three aspects of woman

I attended an Early Intervention conference today. I will have more to say about it in some other posts but I wanted to share a picture of this ring I bought there. There were all kinds of vendors there to help raise money for the EI council. One was selling rings and t-shirts. I was drawn to this ring. Try clicking on the picture to get a better look. I really liked it for its three conjoined circles. It just jumped out at me. It made me think about the three aspects of womanhood- maiden, mother, and crone. As I get older I have let go of my youth and the maiden aspect of being a woman. I am an established mother of 7 in her mid 30s and I am really starting to own my motherhood. I am looking forward to using the wisdom I am gaining in life one day when I become the crone (that isn't a very pretty word so I may say grandmother instead). I don't usually wear rings. I don't even have a wedding ring but this one called to me. I do believe it is worth the $5 I spent on it. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...