Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Water play on a hot afternoon


The little kids were playing in the backyard as usual. I haven't set up a sprinkler or kiddie pool yet this season but I thought water play would be a fun way to cool off. Lyn went inside and filled up some containers with water. Some ice was added to help cool things off further. Lyn added some ladles and some strainers. Evan and Eliot explored the water and ice by pouring, scooping, and dribbling. They had fun figuring out the difference between the solid ice and the liquid water. They watched the ice melt before their eyes. This was a great open ended science activity for toddlers. I wonder what we will do tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...