Saturday, May 1, 2010

Merry May Day!!

What did you do today?


We had four kids at home this weekend. The other three kids were at their dad's for the weekend. As soon as the library opened we headed there. The library we visit has a great children's section. The little kids played on the computers, played with puppets, explored puzzles, and read books. When their interest wained we headed for the outdoor playground nearby. We had picked out some books to check out so Dad walked them to the car as we got ready to walk to the playground. As we were waiting for Dad to come back we got a nice surprise. Walking towards us was my boss and her husband. We visited for a minute and we all went on our way. We then walked to the playground. They kids played. Ben slept in his sling. We walked around the lake by the playground. The kids found turtles in the water and a family of ducks. We stopped by the playground again as Dad went to get the car. Another family we passed while walking around the lake joined us. The mom was expecting. They commented on Baby Ben and asked how old he was. The dad looked around at my kids and asked if I had 4 kids. I told him I actually had 7. He smiled and said that was great. He said they get a lot of flak for having 5. I mentioned that my kids alternated boy, girl, boy, girl..... The mom said their kids were the same! I then herded the kids into the van and we drove off. Now, I am sad that I did not stay and talk more with this family. They were so welcoming and I feel that we cold have become friends. I only wish I knew a way to find out who they were. I did not even get their name!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...