Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Daughter, Have I Told You?

This book was published in 1998 the year my first daughter, Lyn, was born. I came across it in a bargain book bin at a book store. I liked the pictures and the concept. It is an OK written book. The reason I wanted to write about it was because with Mother's Day coming up I have been thinking about my role as a mother a lot lately. I was remembering some one-on-one time I used to spend with Lyn. She would bring me this book and want me to read it to her over and over. When we came to this page she would get all excited and say, "That's me....and that's you...!" She would be so excited. It would just melt my heart.



She is 11 years old now. Every once in a while she will comment about this book. She remembers it to this day. I found it in the garage last night and decided to write this post. With my first born (Danny) my world changed when I took on the role of a mother. When my first daughter was born my heart changed and I became Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...