Sunday, January 29, 2012

Homemade chicken and dumplings

The chicken is boiling and the vegetables are cut. Today I am adding fresh carrots, kale, leeks, and onions to my chicken and dumplings. It is a bit cold today so a nice big batch of soup sounds great. I'll make enough so we can eat on it all day. Sometimes I make easy chicken and dumplings by adding pieces of torn up tortillas to store bought chicken broth and canned chicken. It is filling but its nutritional punch is really lacking. I was going to cheat a little today and still use the tortillas but I was out so I guess I am making homemade dumplings too. To check out an old post featuring easy chicken and dumplings click on this link http://thelifeandtimesofsusanbetke.blogspot.com/2009/12/easy-chicken-and-dumplings.html





The house smells great and I have a lot of chicken left over for some more recipes. I think it turned out great...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...