Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Felt board fun!





As part of my job I help children learn language. I help them to learn about the world around them and be able to interact with their environment. I use all kinds of toys and activities to introduce new words to children in new ways. I help them to use the words they already know. I encourage them to respond to nonverbal language cues and to use them. Here are my kids using felt shapes and objects to exercise their language skills. Lyn is describing her actions and ideas to the little kids. They are learning new words and using them by just being exposed to new things. The little kids (ages 2 and 3) are still in the stage where they learn better with concrete items that they can hold and feel. And, it was just plain fun to get into mom's special instruction toys!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...