Friday, April 9, 2010

Annika is such a pretty name

My 7 year old daughter Annika has such a unique name. (Or so I thought.) It is turning up in more and more places. The first place I heard it was on a TV show, (OK, it was on Star Trek).Oh yeah and that woman golfer shares the name. In the past few years I have seen it pop up in some parenting magazines and in some children's books. Yesterday I went by the library to drop off some books and CDs. I went through the children's section in a whirlwind and just grabbed a few books at random. One of them was Manners in Public by Carrie Finn. I just liked the look of it. The kids were looking through the stack and Lyn and Annika come running into my room saying "Look Mama!! It's Annika." Sure enough, one of the characters in the book was named Annika. How cool is that!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...