Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter, where did that word come from?

I have been thinking about writing a post about the history of Easter. A site that I follow beat me to it. I really like what the author had to say. Check it out.....

Bunnies, Bells, Chicks and Eggs: The Truth About Easter
Posted by mamapoekie at 11:35 AM Labels: Truth
Happy Easter!


I hope you are feasting on those chocolate eggs, sugary chicks and marshmallow bunnies. Maybe you've organised an egg hunt and have a flock of little ones running around your garden carrying wicker baskets. Or you might have spent the last couple of weeks making and decorating an easter tree. Maybe you told your kids the easter bunny has hidden those eggs in your garden, or maybe you said it was the bells that came from Rome.
But have you ever stopped to think where all this easter madness comes from?

Go to Authentic Parenting to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...