Wednesday, July 3, 2013

At the playground today....

Elaina had a blast playing in a mud puddle at the playground. As I watch her in her cloth diaper cover with an insert inside I am grateful that her bottom is protected. Not all children are as lucky. A family I know is adding to their family through adoption. They are adopting from Ethiopia. Disease and parasites are rampant and dangerous to all of the infants and young children in this country. Diapers are a rare commodity to poor families and children in orphanages. Add to that the fact that the orphans do not receive breast milk to help them fight the health risks in their environment diapers for these children are a luxury. Protecting these children is something that I am working on. I am helping with a cloth diaper drive. The diapers, pins, snappies, and diaper covers will be collected and sent with a family who will be going to Ethiopia soon and will take the diapers with them. Please consider donating used or new cloth diapers to this cause. You can contact me through this blog or on Facebook to donate. Diapers can be mailed or picked up in the Birmingham area. Every bit helps. If you can't donate please consider sharing this post.

Thank you...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...