Monday, July 22, 2013

Full Moon Magic and Fennel






 
The full moon last night was so beautiful. I took the opportunity with Evan and Eliot's help to use the magical night to separate the seeds from the stalk. We had our Fall harvest Mother figure helping even though it is still summer. That just seemed appropriate. We also charged three moonstones in my thistle cup. I really felt called to buy that glass cup carved with thistles. Thistles are a plant that talks to me. We also lit our Chalice and had a mini circle of lights to share our concerns and joys. Overall we just plain had fun under the full moon. Eliot even made up a wonderful song. I wish I had recorded it. Everyone fought to wear my new purple scarf. Even though it was a warm night they claimed they were cold just to snuggle in it in my lap and that was just fine by me....
 
After we collected and ground up some of our seeds Evan really enjoyed burning some of the stalks in the last embers of our chalice. Teaching a respect and proper use of fire is a skill I think every child should be taught. We didn't burn every stalk. there were a few seeds left on some of the stalks. Along with the garbanzo beans in the Chalice used to hold up the candles in the Chalice we tossed the fennel stalks into a wild part of the yard. We shall see what grows....
 
 
The fennel seeds are you see in the bags are available for sell in my Etsy store. Pop over.. Free shipping for my local shoppers.
 
 
Dried fennel flowers and rosemary are next on my to do list to place in the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...