Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Time to season some cast iron...

I use cast iron skillets to cook on the stove top and I greatly attribute this fact to my children's good iron levels. I love my iron tea pot and use it all the time. I have had this big Dutch oven for a while but it need seasoning. Since my small cauldron and a cast iron pot to be used over open fire needed to be seasoned I just worked on all of them at once. It heats up the house to use the stove a lot in the summer and my crock pot is cheaper energy wise but I just love cooking with cast iron. If I could only find a cast iron crock pot and a cast iron electric skillet for the counter top I would be on cloud nine....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...