Sunday, July 21, 2013

Time for a fennel seed harvest... and man, do I like fennel!

 
I have fennel still lowering, almost in seed and some already in full seed. These I will be collecting and placing in sachets to either sell, make into tea, or use in concoctions and potions of all sorts. Plus, they smell so great!
 
 
Elaina got in on the fun too. All the kids like to pull small stalks off of my huge fennel plant ant chew on hem. Tastes just like licorice and their breath smells so sweet afterwards.
 
 
And just to take it a step further I have fennel toothpaste. And when I don't have any of my own seed to make tea or am just feeling a bit lazy I have my favorite store bought brand of fennel tea on hand. Fresh cream and a touch of sugar and all is right with the world....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...