Monday, March 4, 2019

Dinner tonight....

I was planning on cooking tonight. Usually I let my husband handle meals. But I asked him to get the kids to help clean off the table that had become a catch-all. When I got home it was all dark and quiet. Eli greeted me and as soon as I walked into the kitchen all the other littles jumped out and said surprise. They had cleaned and even found my table cloth. It is faded from years by the window and they had it upside down but I was so proud of them. The older kids helped me cook and all 8 of us sat down to eat at the same time. With my work schedule and being so tired all the time I have totally slacking in eating together as a family. Hey, this morning I made them a hot breakfast before school too. I even did some dishes. I am trying to step up my game as a mother and participate more and enjoy my children before I blink and Eli, my youngest at 23 months old, is 20 years old....

I love it that Elias is sitting in the same highchair Danny used. My mother had it finished to match my table which is long gone but I still like the look and am on I believe 4th or 5th white and maple colored table. I even have a back up in the garage.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...