Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Happy Lammas or Lughnasadh

We are celebrating the first grain harvest of the year by eating bread of course. We do not honor any particular god or goddess today but we are grateful for grains that we turn into breads. We celebrate the bounty of the Earth in general. In years past we have made bread but with me working more we went the store bought route this year. I bought rye, pumpernickel, and wheat bread to share with the children. For breakfast we added butter and gorged on bread. For lunch we added some fancy cheese and ate more bread....



Tonight if we can we will make a trip to Panera Bread and work on some crafts. We also have a wonderful candle and blessing to use after storytelling time tonight. We will wait till the moon is out for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...