Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Cutting the electric bill almost in half



We have been having an experiment in savings at our house. I have turned the heater and /or air conditioner off and stopped using the dryer. Our electric bill went from $144.74 to $80.43. Not too bad!! We have used the dryer for a few items when we absolutely needed some dry diapers or a comforter dried. It is getting warmer so I am not sure how long we can do without the air conditioner. The clothes dry fast outside in the hot Alabama sun. What I really need is a real full sized clothes line. I want the old fashioned stretched across the yard line like our grandmothers who lived in the country had. Ahhh, a girl can dream.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...