Wednesday, April 11, 2012

An herbal bath for ant bites.....

Eliot had a lot of fun playing outside two days ago. She rolled down the small hill in the backyard with her 5 year old brother. Later that night we realized she must have rolled through a small ant bed. She has a lot of bites on her legs and some on her arms. I waited till they were actually bothering her before I treated them. I figured if they did not bother her then they didn't need any attention. Well, they started to itch and swell a little. The first thing I did was make a paste of baking soda and water and let it sit on the bites. That helped a lot. We then moved on to a special bath. I put some more baking soda in the water. I then added some Epsom salt, sea salt, coconut oil, and plenty of dried calendula petals and flowers. The calendula turned the water a nice golden yellow. My daughter felt much better and what girl doesn't enjoy a flower bath!!!!

Eliot holding a handful of calendula petals. You can see the baking soda paste on her leg....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...