Saturday, August 24, 2013

26 weeks pregnant and weaning.... bittersweet

Elaina breast feeding last summer


Elaina breast feeding last month
 
My baby hasn't nursed in over 24 hours. I wanted to let her self wean but being 26 weeks pregnant and all that comes with that I am choosing to wean her. She is a bit upset about it. I feel guilty yet ready. It is so bittersweet. I feel so selfish for wanting  nursing break before the new baby arrives. My supply has dropped some and I was starting to get sore from Elaina wanting to nurse all day and night. I am so afraid she will get sick. She has had a few viruses but she has never been to the doctor since she was 2 weeks old to just meet the doctor. Last night or rather early this morning she pooped all over me. It leaked out of her diaper everywhere. I hope it wasn't because she had too much cows milk yesterday. I know she doesn't have to drink cows milk but it has always been a staple and a favorite food in our house. I just wish raw milk was legal and available here. I offer her non-homogenized whole cows milk with goat milk added. But yesterday I was out and she had the cheap over processed stuff. We may try some unsweetened almond milk too. She eats real well. Her nutrition shouldn't suffer. I just worry about her health. And she looks so little...... My baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...