Monday, August 19, 2013

School work...

 
Eliot is getting into the groove with some home school work. She is working on kindergarten level but we aren't rushed. Even though she is older than some kindergarteners I am not rushing her. She will be 6 next month. I want her to learn through a more naturalistic way than children that attend traditional schools or who are homeschooled with a very specific curriculum. I guess she will be a guinea pig for this method. Evan was ahead of her academically at her age but she has other strengths. I want her to learn language as a whole. Most of her process of learning to read will not look like these activities. They will be more spontaneous and child and environmental led. We shall see what the school year holds....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...