Friday, August 30, 2013

Women Helping Women...



Tonight I had the opportunity to make a home visit to help a new mother with her breastfeeding newborn. In our culture women just don't help women like they used to and like they do in other countries around the world. Mother's are just sent home with their babies without support. I am a CLC and a Post-partum Doula. I was proud to use my skills and experience to go make a visit for free to a mom in her own home to help her with her breastfeeding journey. She was not able to reach anyone at the hospital she delivered at to get some lactation assistance. By word of mouth and from previous contact with me this new mother knew me and welcomed me into her home to support her. I spent two hours with her and will probably visit with her again as long as she needs till she is comfortable with her breastfeeding experience. This should be a service available to every mother. Why am I the only women I know providing this service in the community for free?

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful painting! Who is the artist??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure.... I just googled images and it came up. I am happy to give credit where credit is due but I am not sure.

    ReplyDelete

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...