Thursday, August 1, 2013

Happy Lammas...





 
We had a wonderful Lammas celebration today. Not all the kids were there. Evan and Lyn were still at day camp but the rest of the kids were there. One of my best friends was able to come with her 6 kids. Even without all my kids there a woman walking her dog asked if all the kids were ours... :)
 
We had all types of bread with awesome Irish pasture fed butter warmed by the sun. The fruit and herb jam was wonderful. I had two types of apples available and loved using my small apple shaped snack plates. And of course we had cookies. Each child that came to enjoy the food and abundance of the season took home a yellow candle and shaft of wheat to celebrate the occasion. My robust harvest Mother was there to bless the meeting.
 
An extra special treat today was that one of my friend's sons had his birthday today too. He picked out which color candle he wanted and had a huge cupcake all for himself....
 
 
 
 
We had planned on going swimming also but the creek was too swollen and running too high. You can see it in the background. It was a wonderful day of food, playing, and being thankful...
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...