Thursday, December 24, 2009

NPR articles I enjoyed today



Snowfalkes falling all around!!


But are they geometrically possible?
This article on NPR informs us all that the majority of snowflakes we see in pictures and other artists' rendentions are not actually possible in nature. I even had a hard time finding a clipart picture that was based on the natural 6 sided nature of true ice crystals for this post. Check it out. It's short sweet and informative.
A Single Man
This review of a new Colin Firth film was on NPR on my way to work this morning (yes some of us have to work today). It sounds like a great movie. I'm putting it on my must see list. Go to the link and listen to the whole review and let me know what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...