Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What am I reading today?

I came across this book as I was looking for something else in the garage. I got it years ago when I was looking into becoming a doula. That's a lay birth attendant that helps support women before, during, and after labor. It was required reading for the course. I started to flip through it and decided to read it through again. It has probably been over 10 years since I've read it. It's only about 120 pages long. It's a great gift for a new mom that doesn't know what to expect from labor, childbirth, and the postpartum period. It doesn't sugar coat the unexpected moments or over dramatize trivial moments. I added a link below the book's picture to Google Books if you want to read an excerpt from the book.

Google Book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...