Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Great Gift Idea

A friend of mine brought this idea to my attention. She is collecting small donations to pool together to train a midwife in a rural area. The charity group that offers this opportunity is Oxfam America. Check out their site for more information. The amount to train a midwife is $150. My friend is hoping to receive possibly $10 form individuals to reach the goal of $150. She is trying to have the amount ready by December 18th. If you are interested in contributing to this gift please post a comment with some form of contact information so I can coordinate your gift. Or just check out Oxfam America's site to pick your own donation. This is a great chance to give a purposeful gift that will contribute to helping a community into the future.

1 comment:

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...