Sunday, November 29, 2009

Mothering style




I have started a link list on the sidebar. I am always growing as a mother. Some of these sites may give you something to think about. I don't parent the same way I did with my oldest or even with my youngest. I am always looking to add to my experience and knowledge as a mother. I am a bit judgemental at times though. I have strong opinions and sometimes I am prone to share them with those that don't care one bit. I am getting better at keeping my mouth shut when needed. (Some of my friends and family may argue that with me.) Some things about my parenting style are common in some circles and unheard of in others. I am glad that I live in a society that at least pretends to accept others. Here is a list of some of my mothering choices-

1) I breastfeed all of my children as long as I can

2) My children sleep with me till they are ready to move to their own bed (Eliot moved to her crib this month)

3) I believe babies need to be held ( tomatoes spoil not children)

4) I don't think male circumcision is necessary

5) I don't think you can force a child to potty train

This list by no means defines me as a mother but it is a simple place to start. Check back for updates to my link list on the side bar.


Annika holding Eliot when she was new

2 comments:

  1. Miss C started sleeping in her crib when she was about a year old, but the crib was next to my bed. When we came home from the hospital last month I finally put the missing side rail up and moved it away from my bed... now she has her own complete crib, but still in my room. She's 2 1/2. It's hard to stick a baby in their own room and expect them to be good sleepers... even harder to expect anyone in the house to be good sleepers when the baby wakes up wanting to be breastfed multiple times at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear yah!! Grown people with a partner in their lives generally don't like to slep alone why would a dependent infant?

    ReplyDelete

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...