Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away....

Tropical storm Ida landed in Alabama and brought a lot of rain up here to central Alabama. Everyday on my way to and from work I pass over a bridge spanning a creek headed for the Cahaba River. The area under and around the bridge is a city park where the city hosts concerts, farmers markets, and free Friday flicks in the open amphitheater during the summer. All and all it is a popular place for everyone to come play and enjoy the scenery. My kids even don their swim suits and go for a swim sometimes. The whole are was flooded yesterday more than I have ever sen. Here are some pictures I took this morning on my way to work. For perspective I added some pictures from this summer to show some contrast. Look closely at the waterfall in the summer picture and you can see kids sitting and standing on it.






Summer pictures below of the same spot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...