Saturday, November 14, 2009

What's Lyn up to today?









Lyn and I were able to spend the day together. We collected our coupons and headed for the grocery store. We found some really good deals. We stocked up on some staples and are good for about a month. As soon as we got home she started baking brownies all on her own. I remember when I was her age I would watch my mother cook. I don't remember ever actually cooking much myself though. I didn't start cooking until I moved away from home after I married my first husband at 19. I was always calling my mother then to get recipes from my childhood from her. Today I just email her for help every once in a while for reminders or advice. Lyn is a lot more confident with her cooking skills for an 11 year old than I ever was at her age. As her brownies were cooking she started preparing an area outside for a small winter garden. We picked up some cabbage and broccoli plants to try growing this fall to be ready for harvest in the winter. We have a great protected spot in between the house and the driveway for a few plants. The sheltered area takes advantage of radiant heat reflected from the house and the driveway. We'll see what happens. Alabama can have fairly mild winters so maybe we'll get lucky and have some veggies after new years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...