Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Cheesy Squash

This is one of my favorite dishes. No one else real likes it though. I call it squash casserole but there really isn't enough in it to call it a casserole. I lightly peel the squash. I like to leave some of the skin on. I then cut it into slices. I chop the onion (I only use about a fourth) and sprinkle it on top of the squash in a pan. I add some butter in the bottom of the dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. I then top with a lot of shredded cheese. Today I used cheddar and mozzarella. Bake at 350 degrees till the squash is tender and the cheese is all melted through.

On the side I cooked some fresh green beans with radishes. I coated the green beans with olive oil, sprinkled with salt and pepper and added a sliced radish. I baked them at the same time as the squash. They turned out great. The kids liked the radish pieces the best. They turned out tender and tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...