Friday, November 6, 2009

Silly Bandz

If you have an elementary school age child in your house you have probably found these all over your home.


I have only noticed them in passing at my house. I haven't bought my girls any but they do own some. They say their friends at school shared with the. My fifth grader seems to be more interested in them than my second grader. I have seen some boys with them but my third grader (he's a boy) hasn't shown much interest in them. On my way to work this morning NPR (national public radio) ran a story on them. Apparently the small company that makes them never thought they would be so popular and is drowning in back orders. In my area they sell out at stores as soon as they arrive. Who would have thought!! Oh, yeah didn't we go through this with Pokemon cards and beanie Babies? What's next?
Here is a link to a blog about the bracelets.
Here are some links for ordering bracelets.

2 comments:

  1. My 15 year old is more interested in them than my 8 year old, and my 10 year old niece says she had to order hers off the internet? Weird.

    ReplyDelete

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...