Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Happy Summer











Creating family ceremonies.....

Today is the Summer Solstice. To celebrate I took the littles out for a walk to collect Mother Earth's bounty in the way of flowers. I wanted to do more today to celebrate the renewal of Summer but I was just a bit too tired from having Elaina and having to work this morning. Danny, Connor, and Annika are at their dad's house. Lyn was out visiting friends. I placed Elaina into her sling and we found flowers in our yard and in the common area behind our home. Eliot helped place some of the flowers into a vase that reminds me of a woman's shape. It is a little hard to tell in the pictures but the vase  has a curvy look to it. One of the little egg mamas that I have around the house joined us on our flower hunt. When we got home we found our red summer candles and cleaned off the shelf I use as a seasonal altar. I have a mother figure for each season. The red open armed one for Summer is my favorite. Evan and Eliot were the best helpers. They helped dust and clean off each Mother figure and helped place the lit candles in their holders. We rearranged the Mother figures to place the Summer on in the center. It was a simple ceremony but Summer is officially welcomed into our

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...