Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Herbal "kool-aid"


Herbal "kool-aid"??? What is that? OK, I started with red raspberry herbal tea as my base. I used this brand because it does not have any added ingredients other that a variety of herbs. It makes a very bright red colored tea. I used about 4 tea bags in 4 cups of water. I added a bag of chamomile to just round it out and help with digestion. I came across this black currant juice concentrate in the store a while back and thought it would add a richness to this mix. I added a quarter of a cup of it to an equal amount of water and added it to the tea. A little organic cane sugar was added and voila! Homemade herbal 'kool-aid" drink. It is real light and not too sweet. The kids seem to like it just fine. It tastes just like raspberries without all of the sugar of full juice or artificially flavored drinks. And the black currant juice has a good bit of calcium in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...