Monday, May 28, 2012

38 weeks


I am still pregnant. I am about 38 and a half weeks along. As of last Thursday I was still just 2 and half centimeters dilated. I have been contracting randomly and had a lot of discomfort but I don't think I have dilated any more. I definitely have gained more weight. I am hoping some of that is going to Elaina but I feel it is all going to my bottom and thighs. I was guessing she would weigh 7 pounds 2 ounces. Now, I think she may be closer to 8 pounds. I have gained 26 pounds but it feels more like 40. after she is born I would love to loose 70 pounds. That sounds like a lot but hey, I'll be honest I weigh over 200 pounds right now. Going by my past deliveries I should loose at least 15 pounds with delivery and 10 pounds of fluid in the 2 weeks immediately post partum. That only makes one pound to lose to be at my pre-pregnancy weight. Then I will start to work all my extra weight. I am realistic. I give myself 6 months loos the weight and a year to get into good shape. I have always had a thought in the back of my mind that it wasn't worth it for me to get too gung ho in my weight loss routine because I knew I would want to be pregnant in a year or two. That really is a lame excuse I know. I am fairly sure we are done with adding children to our family the old fashioned way of birthing them. That and 40 being right around the corner I think I will try to get as healthy and as strong as I can. A friend from highschool has started walking at a local track in the morning twice a week. I may actually try and join her group. This week and next should help labor along and after birth it will help me stay active.  It all starts one day at a time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...