Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Menstrual cloth stash

Lyn took this picture the other day. As a 13 year old girl she may not appreciate her mother blogging about reusable washable pads used for ones period but she is the one who took the picture. When I got together her gifts to celebrate her first moon time I ordered a few Luna Pads for her to try out. They were  bit expensive and have fancy snaps on them. She likes them OK. Not too long ago I ordered some simple pads of different lengths from a store on Etsy. They work great and seem to be a better quality. And of course they were cheaper. I showed them to my mom and she made some too. The dozen floral pattern ones in the bottom of the picture are the ones she made.

I ordered a small wet / dry bag for Lyn to keep soiled pads in . It is really cute and has two pockets. One for clean dry pads and one for used ones. I am a big fan of reusable cloth for menstruation. They are so much more comfortable than disposable pads. They don't pose the health problems synthetic pads do. And they are so much better for the environment and they are pretty!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...