Friday, May 4, 2012

Such a big boy!

Ben is growing up so fast. In my line of work I meet a lot of children his age that are in a different place developmentally. I forget sometimes that a 27 month old CAN talk a good bit sometimes. Ben is learning new words everyday. He is combining the words he knows in new ways too. Don't get me wrong. He is not way ahead of the game by any means. I am also reminded that some children talk A LOT even before they are 2 years old. Since I have been substituting at a local daycare in a few toddler rooms I have been working with children between the ages of 18 months and 23 months of age. Some of them are right on track, some are a little behind, and one or two talk like 6 year olds. Ben is right in the middle. He can be so funny sometimes. We are so lucky. I know every child is different and they all have their strengths and weaknesses. Ben has been such an easy baby. I don't really like using the word "easy" though. But most people understand what I mean. Of course Ben has his regular 2 year old moments that can be challenging don't get me wrong. But he is truly an "easy" baby.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...